Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

What are you REALLY thankful for on this blessed Thanksgiving Day?  It is, after all, a holiday intended to honor the Lord.  I have SO much to be thankful for, I cannot possibly list it all, but here are a few things.....

Our boys
The opportunity to see the world through their eyes
My incredible husband
My husband's cooking skills (YUMMY!)
Our families
Our beautiful home
Electricity (If you experienced Hurricane Ike, you are probably very thankful for this too)
Cool weather so I can wear a warm, fuzzy sweater
Afternoon naps
Laughter
Smiles
Good friends that truly love us
Toasted marshmallows
Night lights
Music
Good books
I could go on and on and on.

But most of all, I am thankful for Jesus. 

"Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise; be thankful unto him,
and bless his name. For the Lord is good..."

Psalm 100:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment