Sorry about the video post. I'm going to learn how to get videos to work without having to save them to YouTube. But in the meantime, another Donovan story.
Yesterday we were on our way home from school. Donovan is in the backseat and this was our conversation:
Donovan: Mommy, what does cheating mean?
Me: That is when you are playing a game and you do something that is not nice to be sure you win. Why? When did you hear that word.
Donovan: I just say it sometimes.
Me: You say it, but you don't know what it means?
Donovan: Yes. I just like to.
Me: Well, when do you say it?
Donovan: I say it at school when I'm playing games with the other kids and I don't win.
Me: Donovan, you can't always win at everything. Sometimes when you don't win, it's good because you can learn important things from it.
Donovan: Yeah, but I just want to win.
He's not competitive at all! Watch out Little League t-ball. This boy is signed up and will be playing this spring season. I guess it's a good thing they don't really keep score, huh?
Note: This photo was taken over the summer. Donovan has grown over 2 inches since then!
Orphan Sunday, November 6th, 2011
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment